Friday, February 13, 2009
Ikebana lessons 02/13/2009
Happy Valentines Day.
(1) Eileen, arrangement features water. A very successful arrangement. You don't have to use clear glass vase to do this theme. She stacks two triangular suiban and one round suiban in a such interesting way, the top triangular suiban perched over the round one. The reflection is just right. So, she arranged everything in one cornor, left lots of water showing.
She didn't use sunflower in this arrangement, because sunflower is too strong (see the second arrangement). Let the water speaks out, not a sunflower.
(2) Wei, contrast color. Yellow in front of green, on top of red, what else can you say?
(4) Yuko, arrangement features water
(5) Sandy, No. 3 variation, nageire
(6) Janelle, No. 1 variation, upright, moribana
(7) Linda, Basic upright, moribana. (I liked the reversed arrangement, sorry I didn't take the picture.)